Lanes Wagtail Wobbler Lure
The Lanes Wagtail Wobbler Lure was first introduced in 1924. This antique fishing lure was fashioned by Charles W. Lane of Madrid, New York. This antique lure was hand painted in shades of green, silver and brown with scale marks running along the sides. The lure measures close to 2 3/4″ in length. The Wagtail featured a scooped front lip over the mouth where the single forward line tie is. Its often found with a leader already attached to the line tie. The antique lure features a hinged rear metal tail and two belly hooks secured with a cup rig style hardware to secure its prey. This lure can be found with a few different hardware, color, and body variations.
Charles Lane had already had a successful venture with the Lanes Automatic Minnow and the Lane’s Harness prior to the production of the Wagtail Wobbler antique lure.