Kimmich Mouse Antique Lure
The Kimmich Mouse Antique Lure was first introduced in 1929. This antique fishing lure invented by Harry Kimmich of Ellwood City, Pennsylvania. Harry (John) Kimmich was not a lure inventor full-time. He owned a tire shop downtown, the “Kimmich Tire Shop.” We see this with a lot of miscellaneous lure makers, while it was in their heart and in their work, it just was hard to make a long time income out of it. Such is the story of many artisans and was also of the Kimmich mouse, as it wouldn’t be around very long, less than a decade.
The Kimmich Special Mouse lure has a wooden head and beaded glass eyes. The back half of the lure was a stacked or died hair as shown with both examples. There was even a version of the mouse that was a hairless wooden mouse lure. The lure had one treble hook attached at the center of the body using a screw eye hanger and the rear hanging from the rear of the bait. The Kimmich Mouse had a forward line tie and a diving lip.
The Kimmich examples below are both shown in their respective boxes. The lure and box combos are accompanied by the corresponding paperwork stating the feature function and benefits of use of the Kimmich Special Mouse. On one long end flap the box states, “A Mouse Bucktail Bait with real Motion. The Big Fellows Just Cant Pass It Up.” On the opposite end it states, “The Bait The Old Timers Have Been Waiting For.”