Heddon Torpedo Antique Lure
The Heddon Torpedo Antique Lure was first introduced in 1925. The Heddon Company, of Dowagiac Michigan giving this antique fishing lure a model number 130. This would be the largest of the wooden torpedo series, measuring 4″ in length. This wooden pencil shaped glass eyed antique lure had both front and rear marked spinners. The lure would have 3 treble hooks attached via L-Rig hook hangers at first. However the lure would last for many decades and would see hardware changes from the L Rig, to the Toilet Seat, Two Piece and finally would end with the surface rig.
The lure can be found in the traditional glass eye and on to painted eyes through its life cycle. The lure can be found in a myriad of colors both traditional and special order making the lure one can have a lot of fun amassing a antique lure collection of. The lure can be found housed in Down Leaping Bass Boxes, Up Leaping, H.R. Brush, Banner, and Window boxes.
Sinking minnows with long body of small diameter believed by many to be an advantage over a thick body in hooking and holding hard mouthed fish. Casts straight as an arrow. Has a weird crawling appearance in the water and is a fine actor in streams.